To gain approvals for buildings and construction, projects require certificates from accredited building practitioners. The accreditation scheme is managed by Workplace Standards, Tasmania. We have a number of Tasmanian Accredited Building Practitioners and can issue the following certificates: 

  • Certificate of others (Building)“, form 55. Also know as structural certification
  • “Certificate of the Responsible Designer (Building Work)”, form 35A
  • “Certificate of the Responsible Designer (Plumbing Work)”, form 35B
  • “Plumbing work certificate of specialist or other person”, form 59

Certificate of Others (Building)

As per regulation 13 of the Building Regulations Act 2004 (Tasmania), a “Certificate of Others (Building) – Form 55″ may be required for approval of structural designs before council or building surveyors issue building approvals or “Certificates of Likely Compliance”.

The Building Act (TAS) and the scheme associated with this, outline the qualifications, experience and competency levels required of persons to become accredited. Under this scheme for the accreditation of building practitioners, approved civil engineers, can issue what is commonly know as “Structural Certificates”. In our Hobart office, we have a number of accredited civil engineers under this scheme.

In plain English;

We can certify the structure of your house plans.

Structural Engineering

We provide a structural design and documentation service for residential and small/medium commercial projects. Our speciality is with smaller construction projects. We keep our overhead costs low to provide a cost affective service for our clients in this area. We work very closely with many builders in Hobart and have a ‘hands-on let’s sort this out together’ approach, which also reduces unnecessary costs.

Structural services include:

  • Footings and piling systems
  • Class ‘P’ (AS2870) footing designs for houses
  • Raft Slabs
  • Pre-cast concrete
  • Suspended concrete slabs
  • Deck framing
  • Domestic bracing design
  • Steel framing
  • Timber framing
  • Retaining walls
  • Drafting with AutoCAD or Revit
  • Certificate of others (Building)“, form 55. Also know as structural certification